PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All recruitment at SAA on hold (The world according to JetNut thread)
Old 23rd Mar 2007, 09:28
Shrike200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nicely put Nugpot - good comments. R80K per month? Thats DOUBLE what a senior Nationwide Captain earns, just for example. Nationwide being the 'low' side of the equation of course. And, when you look at it (on the domestic side at least), a Nationwide Captain does the same *kind* of work (just more of it, in older aircraft - I hear they're quite quick with the QRH )

It's the comments like: "They applied a mutually aggreed apon formula based on various domestic and international carriers (yes we are an international carrier unlike the rest of you). We fly further, longer, than the rest of the locals. We get paid more because we are the standard in this country. Our pilot group as a whole is the most experienced and professional this continent has." that bug me. It achieves nothing other than to piss other people off. If you've got nothing to add (other than how legendary you feel you are), then rather leave it I reckon.

Besides the salary sidetrack, and back to the topic, is there some kind of time-frame for this 'freeze'? Or is it indefinite at the moment?