PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All recruitment at SAA on hold (The world according to JetNut thread)
Old 23rd Mar 2007, 07:18
fluffyfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CJ750 sorry to hear of your distress, but please tell me you dont suscribe to JG1's point of view, it sounds like he is advocating that we fire half the pilots at SAA because they are horribly overpaid, the solution is to hire young guys like himself who are willing to work for a third of the salary, I mean as Avi8tor said
And my I remind u that there are loads of ppl waiting to take the jobs
What clever solutions, best we let British Airways/Quantas/United/Delta/American/Lufthansa/Air New Zealand/Cathay , know of the obvious way out to high pilot slaries.

I am really not going to discuss the seniority list system, but it should be fairly self explainatory why young guys are getting comands early in Europe and the middle East, not because Airlines have discovered that you dont need to wait a long time for command, but because there such an incredible shortage of pilots especialy experienced pilots over there.

JG1 you are an asset to your company VB must have a little chuckle every time he is buying a new sports car or when he is having a drink on the balcony of his mansion, he must be extreamly happy he has guys like you in the company, no labour problems, you must think the Nationwide salaries are quite adequate, how did you get in did you stand at the Nationwide HQ with a sign saying "Will Fly For Food"?

(sorry 4HP I know I am on the verge of getting the boot but could not help it)