PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GB pilots to ballot on 27th Feb whether to strike or not
Old 22nd Mar 2007, 12:03
Major Cleve Saville

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flop Jock 320 wind your neck in.I would not want to be a management pilot as I do not wish to be on call 24/7 and to have to deal with arrogant smart-arse know-it-alls like you. Also if you work 20 days every month, no standbys, and are expected to be available in office hours is it not reasonable to have a roster that fits in with these other comittments.

GB operates a very fair and open command selection procedure and in industry terms has a very benign training department. Plenty of people have got commands with GB at the earliest opportunity.

If you feel you have not realised your full potential maybe you should look at your own shortcomings not blame a training department!
If you feel it is unfair you could always discuss it with BW, he is in charge and I am sure he will lend you a sympathetic ear!!!

TG & AP turned a flying club into a decent airline operationally with a proper recruitment and selection procedure. When they ran Flt Ops constrained only by Slippery 'I will tell you exactly what you want to hear' Bill, GB Airways was a much better place than it is now. If I was TG I would be gutted after 17 years to see what a shambles it is. You can guarantee if TG leaves some brown-nosing mate of BGs will fill the position.

Flop Jock good luck in easyJet I think you are in for a shock, unless of course you are in the chief pilots wedding photo!