PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All recruitment at SAA on hold (The world according to JetNut thread)
Old 22nd Mar 2007, 07:02
beechbum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Strange that the slanging match has to revert to SAA pilots salaries. As previous posters have stated, nothing to do with why recruitment at SAA has been put on hold. So guys get over it!!! Realistically the airline is overstaffed, more personnel per aircraft than probably any other airline in the world, this ranges from check in staff right up to senior managers! This is where the trimming has to start....will it be done?.....ummmm anyones guess! But to state that SAA crew get overpaid, it's more a case of certain others under pay their pilots. So be it!
I AM THE TAX PAYER, ALL SAA WORKS FOR ME
....hey me too. But who the bloody hell cares. It's one of those things we unfortunately have to bare. Take it or leave it...I suppose. And it ain't going to change!
SAA has got to sort out its mess within the year, and try and get on an even keel. Sort out all the outdated contracts,(which amount to R273 million odd) bring managers in line and generally clean out the cobwebs that have been around many a year.
Unforunately it won't be an easy task, unions will be jumping up and down, certain peepol will be toy toying in the streets, strikes, fights and other things.
Unless I'm mistaken these fellas sorted out Air Canada?
- I've heard the same, amongst other airlines. So maybe a slight glimmer of hope here!