PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All recruitment at SAA on hold (The world according to JetNut thread)
Old 22nd Mar 2007, 06:50
fluffyfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want my taxes to be spent on fixing roads, providing electricity and stopping crime.

ok well good luck with that one.

let me ask you Avi8tor what do SAA pilots earn? do you know or do you think you know? what should they earn? same as Nationwide, same as Comair? would you then be happy, what is the story surrounding SAA pilots salaries, what is parity? how is it worked out? who worked it out? do SAA pilots even have Parity? if you can answer these questions you will come to your own conclusion, there is a big myth out there that SAA pilots earn huge salaries, its simply not the case, just get the facts.

I am also a tax payer mate, but I have a lot more riding on SAA's future than you do more, I have not met one pilot who would not agree to having his salary cut if that meant SAA would survive, however as I have said that is really not the problem, the problems are way deeper and they need to fix those problems first as the pilot group has been saying for decades.