PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All recruitment at SAA on hold (The world according to JetNut thread)
Old 21st Mar 2007, 20:03
fluffyfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If it was not such a big issue then why keep bringing it up? you guys negotiate your salary and we will negotiate ours, I really could not give a rats what the other airline crew get paid.
But why has it come to salaries again? SAA's troubles do not stem from pilot salaries of that I assure you, management would love to blame the pilots because then it would be a bunch of whiging whitey's to blame not the friends of the ANC club, the whole system at SAA is top heavy, with massive corruption and contracts for buddies, SAA just needs to decide if they want to be the great Social experiment gravy train to 1000's.... employer of all of SA's PD people, flag waving to useless nothing countries and executive taxi to every government employee, or if they want to run a business.
Why pay R450 for a printer cartridge when you can pay R200? why pay R50 for a blank disk when they actually cost R5, why keep using companies like Equity who are very expensive and there staff steal stuff from the passengers bagage, why keep using Airchef's who produce misserable meals at twice the price of the competition, why use Equity crew busses which cost R800 000 a month when you could go and buy yourself a few crew busses? ....why......because your BEE buddies are suppling these things and we must spread the wealth and pay our buddies well.
Stop with the salary thing, its got very little to do with SAA's troubles, if you are unhappy with your present salary then move, do what other people do and better yourself.
Quote from Alec Irwin "SAA is a strategic asset, and will remain a strategic asset"

I would have no problem in taking a pay cut, they must just fix the root cause of the real trouble first before they come to the pilots and ask for help, the SAA pilots and Cabin Crew are probably the only people who have a vested interest in the future of SAA, everyone else is just there to rape and pillage and take what they can get.

Last edited by fluffyfan; 21st Mar 2007 at 20:34.