PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All recruitment at SAA on hold (The world according to JetNut thread)
Old 21st Mar 2007, 12:02
fluffyfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DJ
SAA will definitely be a smaller airline than when this process started- that is route wise as well as fleet
Yes that makes sense, cut some of the revenue, thats sure to help, maybe they should stop flying loss making routes like Accra and fly to guaranteed profit making routes like Lisbon, Madrid, back to Bangkok, Miami, Sydney.
They need to cut the fat and up the revenue, that means right seat configurations, right aircraft.
I will take your quote with a pinch of salt DJ, after your prediction of Mango taking more of SAA's 800's fell flat, it seems you are not 100% correct all the time.
JG1.......... I wont even go there, but I can see how you never got into SAA......no wait let me guess you never wanted to get into SAA?
DJ sorry to digress from the original post but while on the topic of Mango, please enlighten me on the status of the Mango /SAA relationship, it seems the SAA aircraft regularly fly excess Mango baggage, Mango use SITA flight plans, now which low cost airline in there right mind would use SITA (ie the costs involved), all the flight planning, load sheets all done courtesy of SAA, when a Mango aircraft breaks down SAA aircraft and crew are used, Mango leases there aircraft from SAA at a "market related rate" (less that SAA are paying for them), Mango uses the same company equity for busses, stairs, PAU's etc, companies that are in the know know that Equity charge ridiculous fees just ask the nationwide boss thats why he has bought his own, I am sure its easy to make a profit when big brother gives you all the services for free no doubt, Mango simply passes there costs to SAA and then claims they are making a profit....smoke and mirrors and it wont be long before the likes of Comair exposes this and take SAA to the competitions board again and again SAA will get a new hole torn into it. I hope the consultants see what is happening and advise SAA that they cut Mango loose.

Last edited by fluffyfan; 21st Mar 2007 at 13:19.