PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Hearing into Qantas Sale (Keep Jetstar Australian) Act.
Old 21st Mar 2007, 11:52
KueEnHaitch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Issue not Person

Fistfokker.
You were the type of person why I have previously chosen not to post on this forum. Don’t play the issue, play the man- that’s the way. Real professional mate!
I assume from your outburst that you are a member of the JPC, possibly even a Committee member who has a set against Qantas pilots from sometime ago that you cannot get over. You do the profession proud.
Now if you believe that I have “no clue” as to the issues, why don’t you enlighten me and the other crew who read this and are not privy to your invaluable insight?
Now contrary to your reading of the above posts, there was no attack on any JetStar or QantasLink pilots per se. What the thread is about is why AFAP and JPC don’t see fit to ensuring the future of their members as all the other unions did. Maybe with your insights you can provide that?
If the shoe was on the other foot, I would be livid that my union was not looking after my best interests. Hence that is why I voted for change in our union 18 months ago. I didn’t believe that my interests were being served and I was vocal to them about that. Now if you and your fellow members are upset that your interests are not being protected as well as they should be- then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. If you think that they are at the moment, then stay as you are, but don’t dare complain when they try to screw you over too. Rolling over at every opportunity only makes you weaker.
So would you be okay with the fact if they took operations and engineering etc offshore under JetStar because it is not covered under the QSA? This is not just about getting cheaper pilots. This is about admin, engineering, catering, flight planning/dispatch, cabin crew as well. Everyone could be affected by this. And it is selfish to think of it any other way.
In regards to your shallow question, obviously posed out of ego, I think the fact that the group is growing is great. I have no problem with that fact. What I do have a problem with is using people who are selling themselves short and taking advantage of that. You are worth more, and so is your future.