PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female BA pilot wins legal battle for right to work part-time
Old 21st Mar 2007, 10:41
Carnage Matey!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blimey I've never seen such ignorance!

Originally Posted by interpreter
it is not a perfect world and "carrying "relatively unproductive staff is a luxury no company can afford. If you believe that BA can then you are living in "cloud cuckoo" land. I would suggest that BA seriously appraises its female recruitment policy such that when there is an adequate supply of pilots female joiners are kept to an absolute minmum
You should come and have a look at the money BA pees up the wall on hosing the cabin crew down with cash, running sexual diversity awareness campaigns and giving free tickets to illegal strikers. These costs are a drop in the ocean. Running some family friendly policies towards their most loyal workforce instead of grinding them into the dirt while splashing cash on everyone else might even pay dividends. If you think BA can somehow get the message to the scores of people involved in recruitment that they should look less favourably on female pilots and the news won't leak out (or that they'd even act upon it) then it is you who is living in "cloud cuckoo" land.

Originally Posted by npasque
ridiculous. just because she is of the other gender does not grant her special consideration. just shutup and earn the required hours like everyone else who works for BA.
Yes, you are ridiculous. She had plenty of hours, BA just upped the requirement for their own convenience.

i certainly hope her relationship with BA is NOT long and prosperous. there are PLENTY of pilots out there who want nothing more than to sit in the R/H seat of a jet and keep getting knocked back,
They got beaten to the job by a better candidate. Tough luck. It's these desperate types who drive the profession down with that sort of attitude.

"Take the job and work for nothing, don't ask for anything, I would do that". Well b******s to that! BA new what they were doing, they are willing to squeeze their pilots til the pips squeak, it's fair game to do the same back to them.

i dont think i need to emphasize that if she doesnt like the conditions i and many others will be VERY HAPPY to take the problem off her hands!
Except I doubt you'd get past the first stage of selection.