PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad Weather Circuits
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2007, 23:06
Chuck Ellsworth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
" In short, 200 feet 1 minute circuits great fun like flying up side down along the centre line at 500 feet, but not the territory of the average PLL! "

Fuji Abound I agree the average PPL generally have not been trained to fly one minute circuits.

My point is I am not a flying school flight instructor and do not structure my training courses in the ab-initio mindset.

My business is advanced flight training and the one minute circuit can be taught in short order to any holder of a PPL, unless said PPL was poorly taught in the first place, in which case it takes a little longer to teach them how to safely do one minute circuits.

I have no desire to get into a argument about something as basic as safe aircraft handling, one minute circuits are not aerobatics.

Did you read my comments about the PPL who was doing three minute circuits in the PBY?

He was an average skills PPL and once I erased the " You can't do that " nonsense from his mind he had no problems with flying the circuit at 300 feet and three minutes.

Anyhow to each his own, I have never had a problem teaching basic aircraft handling skills to any pilot, sure some pick it up quicker than others but eventually they become confident with these basic flying skills.