PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leaving before your bond is up
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2007, 18:50
asecretidentity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leaving before your bond is up

Hello,

I would really appreciate some of your views on my predicament, one I am actually very fortunate to be in.

I am very lucky to have what I believe to be a great flying job, I love the aircraft, the routes, people I fly with and its everything I could have hoped for in a first job, in any job. Unfortunately like many others I have a very significant debt to pay back for my training and I am just keeping myself above water at the moment. I knew it would be like this and I’m not complaining, but after the initial awe of the job has passed, whilst I still love it, feel like a kid everytime we start up etc etc, I am looking at the bills and my responsibilities, the balance is moving in the other direction.

Being a loyal type of person I have and had every intention of working my bond and staying with the company for many years, what more could I want from a flying job I asked myself?

Well…money actually. It’s a sad fact that as the market is very buoyant at the moment the temptation to join a larger company with the prospect of earning more albeit in a job I’m sure I would enjoy less would make home life so much easier. The grass is always greener isn’t it?

My question then, what would you do? I am confident that I could gain employment with another airline and solve all my money worries in one step, but saying goodbye to this job and the people feels wrong. On the other hand the market won’t stay like this forever and I don’t want to miss the boat, individuals in the company have urged me to seriously consider the implications of getting stuck here.

Perhaps this is more a discussion topic than a please give me an answer, only I can make the decision but hearing from anyone who has been here would be of great benefit.

Thank you