PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would people pay more to train with an expert?
Old 19th Mar 2007, 15:12
DennisK

Location: Kings Caple, Ross-on-Wye.orPiccots End. Hertfordshire
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
High time instructor fees

Thanks for your notes 'Scooter Boy' ... I find this thread intriguing.

Ditto your experience, late last year, I completed a PPL(H) for an overseas client ... his daily fee was around £750 and he wasn't a golf professional!

One of the regular contributors you will see almost daily on our PP forum - has a fee of £1500 and for my pennorth, the man is worth every cent in the right circumstances.

So ... as has been suggested, it is up to we 'Crusty old Farts' to endeavour to crank up our fees, ie to try out the market. I'll investigate and report back for the other COFs.

Can I mention, that every minute I am in the training mode, I'd like to think my pilot is getting some high quality training based on my knowledge and experience.

My records show, that given a suitable student pilot, I seldom needed more than the 45 hour requirement to produce a 'skills test' candidate who had been taken the 'exta mile' to guarantee his/her pass. But for me that does assume an Enstrom/Schweizer trainer ... although I know the other experienced FIs on different marques do exactly the same .

Over to the forum please.

Dennis K