PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So who is the smarty pants?
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2007, 09:35
Bedder believeit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank God you're back 5 Green, I thought I might have frightened you away! By the way, I keep having to correct you on little items. It was an A310 in Dubai, not an A300. Would you like me as your personal "spell check"?
I don't wish to belabour the point, but I don't (really) see J9 as an "intersection" departure, as has been ascribed to by a number of contributors here. But then I totally understand the philosophy and concern for the "runway left behind" issue.
I would just love to be able to add the "common sense" aspect into the training of new controllers here, but as I noted in a previous post many moons ago, that is beyond my resources. My second last sentence in my second posting should indicate to you that I have concern for, in particular, long haul departures from 25L, and their desire to utilise all of the runway that is available. However, not everyone that works in the tower here has the same attitude. Maybe some that read these words may be influenced? I try to teach my trainees to get into the cockpit, without getting into the cockpit. If that makes sense!
Cheers BB