PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So who is the smarty pants?
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2007, 15:35
Bedder believeit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Five Green, could you please point out where I said/suggested that the crew were being "rude". Don't put words in my mouth. As for your intersections that you quote in your second post, well, you're way off there. In all my time in HK I have never seen a departure from A9 or A10...maybe a jetsream. I think you are confused with A1/A2 for 07L and A11/A12 for 25R. And while we are on that subject, 07L is only used as a single runway operation 3 or 4 times a week at night from 12.30 am, virtually all the departures are long haul pax or heavy freighters, and we (ATC) give them all the start point intersection, ie A1.
The point that most seem to miss is that if you require J10, then ask for it at a reasonable point, and then if necessary, expect to be shuffled in order to make it fit. Don't come out saying "I require...." and then try to push/barge your way in front of other traffic.
Further to this discussion, between 12.30 and 2.00pm each day, we have an in house rule whereby all departures on same SID and transition need to be 3 minutes apart, for this reason the ground controller has to do quite a bit of shuffling on 25L to try and create a departure sequence/flow that will best suit the circumstances. There are other times during the day when this rule, or even more draconian intervals ,are instigated by the system.
I understand that the EOL for Runway 25L is measured from the J9 intersection.
Further to what I have just said above, it is easier for GMC (HK Ground), (not taking anything else mentioned above into account), to process 25L departures from the South apron via H7/H8/H9 to "J10", and other departing traffic taxying via "W" onto "J" and then "J9". No cross overs that way, however, we then have to accommodate long haul and requests.
By the way, we will soon have a new departure intersection serving the threshold of 07R (our most used departure point) so I guess I had better gird my loins for further "requests".
2 cents, thanks for the support, you can go to the front of the line anyday!
PS 5 G, what is this stuff at the end of your post about "I seem to recall... etc". What a load of unsubstantiated garbage. If I got a buck for every little minor event (people taking wrong turns etc) that I witness, I would be a wealthy person.

Last edited by Bedder believeit; 18th Mar 2007 at 00:00.