PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swiss safety "incident" over London on 13 March
Old 17th Mar 2007, 11:56
darnicmax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Swiss safety "incident" over London on 13 March

Firstly, my sincere apologies if I have posted this to the incorrect thread. I do not work in the airline industry - but wanted to ask the professionals on this forum their advice regarding obtaining some information.

On Thursday 13 March I was a passenger on Swiss flight LX333 from Zurich to London Heathrow.(dep 15.35)

During the descent toward London, the pilot had to make a sudden and very rapid ascent.

Once the aircraft had levelled off again, the pilot explained the move had been executed becasue he was unsure if another aircraft was still climbing or had levelled out. He reassured us all was ok -but said the move had been made as we would have been within 300m of each other.

As it was quite an unsettling experience (at least for the group of passengers who I was sat with!), we would like to find out more on what actually took place on Thursday.

Can anyone advise me if a report is likely to be filed on the incident - and if so, are these available for public viewing?

Or...as I expect....the manouver that took place was 'routine' due to the conditions/situation at the time - and therefore no 'report' would be necessary.

Thank-you