PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which Canadian Carrier Would You Wanna Fly For?
Old 17th Mar 2007, 11:48
nolimitholdem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, but with my Canadian passport I really won't feel the need for your permission.
Coupla things:
The Canadian medical system is a joke. More people die on the waiting lists of our vaunted "system"...you should maybe ask their surviving family members what they think of Canada's medical system before trying to act like it's wonderful. It isn't a system in trouble...it's a system that the wheels have fallen right off. My own experiences combined with the horror stories I have heard from two closest friends, one a GP in Ontario and the other an ER physio in BC, make me thankful I am no longer dependent on a system that can no longer guarantee the admittedly high ideals it started out with. As the population ages it will only continue to get worse.
Secondly...YOU are more of a burden on the health care system than I am, presently. Yes, I pay no Canadian tax - I also receive no health care from the Canadian system. Since the system operates at a loss - YOU are more of a liability - at least right now I don't cost the system anything! When I return, I will be paying the same premiums and taxes as everyone else, and will receive the same level of "care" (see paragragh above) as everyone else. No benefit beyond what you have now. So get over yourself.
Frankly, you sound like the typical Canadian whiner who doesn't want to move outside the country, but has to take shots at those who actually took a chance and had it pay off...enjoy your "contributing" to the federal government!