PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swanwick Skygods
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2007, 00:51
DC10RealMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Swanwick Skygods

I thought that I have never underestimated the arrogance, greed, and inflated self-importance of some of the younger atcos at Swanwick, however recent events have prompted me to write this post. For those who know me I am not known for my shy and retiring nature, but even I have sat in incredulous disbelief at some of the crass and pompous statements made about colleagues who happen to be members of the atsa grade within their hearing and without reference to the members of staff concerned as though these colleagues are invisible. There are many issues affecting colleagues who are members of the atsa grade of which ifacts is just one of them and to hear atco colleagues discussing these sensitive issues which involves colleagues livelihoods, mortgages, childrens education, partners, etc with such complete actual or perceived indifference is beyond the pale. These younger atcos are truly "thatchers children" with all the nasty and greedy connotations that that implies. Unfortunately some of these atcos sense of self-importance is not matched by their technical or aeronautical knowledge and/or experience and my only "comfort" is that within a few years as atc technology "improves" the atcos concerned will be following the same path as atsas, flight engineers, navigators, radio operators, and hansom cab drivers. If this rant seems rather nasty and vindictive then I make no apology for that, and for those who know me come and tell me to my face as I am the one who wears the very stylish Hawaiian shirts!
Tony Fallows
Swanwick

Last edited by DC10RealMan; 16th Mar 2007 at 07:32.