PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EDINBURGH
Thread: EDINBURGH
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2007, 18:45
jabird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nivsy,
Neither. I'm not going to defend the Olympics, as I said, I didn't ask for them. Any chance of getting back to the issue?
According to:
http://www.earlproject.com/qanda.php#04
"How Much Will It Cost?
Now that the public consultation, technical development and environmental consultation stages are complete, tie is developing the project’s business case and finalising the overall cost assessment of the project. Initial studies suggested that the construction of the scheme would cost close to £500m. The indications of the ongoing work on the business case suggest that the final cost will be within this budget. The total project cost is now being refined as further technical assessments are completed."
Already £610m and counting!
"Who Will Pay?
EARL is a national project and it is anticipated that the Scottish Executive will be the principal funder"
And who funds the Scottish Executive? I understand that the Scottish Parliament has tax raising powers, but has it used them? Ditto, with route development funds - I'm not aware of any extra taxation scheme which pays for these, but I would be happy to stand corrected.

Last edited by jabird; 15th Mar 2007 at 18:58.