PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Globespan 2007
Thread: Globespan 2007
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2007, 11:40
mm0wkj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moderator : Sorry mate, I thought forums were used to give people access to information they normally wouldn't have.

I dont have a vendetta agains GS but I, like many other travellers, do have an interest.
I would hope that anyone who had any information on an Airline would use such outlets to pass that information on. An apparently small change to the airline may jeopardise hundreds of peoples travel plans or the level of service they are parting with their hard earned cash to enjoy.
I for one am delighted there are such forums available and use them extensiveley to research each and every trip I make and any piece of information, no matter how small or trivial it may seem, can make the difference between making, keeping or cancelling a booking.

The more people who access this info the better as it will put pressure on the airlines to improve the service they offer or lose custom. Your forums are packed with this type of inforamtion and I appreciate your efforts in keeping it alive.

I don't have an issue with moving the threads to another location, or closing it completely but please dont chastise those using the web to pass on even the smallest piece of information. That snippet of data can make a world of difference to so many people.

Any hoo.....

More news today....

GS will be using a 757 and 767 to SFB this summer. The 757 is leased from Iceland Air and its been repainted in GS colours and is due to start in April if not before. Business seating pitch is reduced by 25% from 50" to 38" as no internal refit is being done. Data is available on the layout etc on the Iceland Air site. Look under their Saga Class entries.

767's are being reffitted but the one used on the SFB route may have the same 38" pitch so they can squeeze in the extra passengers they cant get on the 757.

GS are planning a single hop 757 excursion to FL from the UK... Bit worrying.

Distance to SFB from GLA : 4200 miles
Range of a loaded 757-200 : 3900ish
Short by : 300. Better get your wellies and water wings ready or hope for a strong tail wind.

Their excuse for it being able to make it is "we will be limiting the cargo on these flights to extend the range".....YEAH RIGHT. Do you seriously think they are going to dump precious cargo income so joe public can take that extra towel to the beach???? Dont think so.

Keep an eye out for your change notifications when you get bumped to the 757, and watch out for the 'Extra' flying time they stick in... It wont mention a stop as it isn't officiallly a stop, refuelling doesnt get a mention.

What ever time you are set to depart, add 4 hours and that should be the local time you are to arrive. Anything else and your stopping somewhere.

As always, as soon as I have any more I'll post...... Moderator willing

Last edited by mm0wkj; 16th Apr 2007 at 08:20.