PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Benalla six dead and $5,000 VOR reward
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2007, 11:19
Capt Wally

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
.........I dearly wish that the real reason behind the BLA accident could be indentified once & for all as I knew the PIC of the PA42 for many years, to me it seems almost impossible ( I said almost, we are afterall only human) to think that the (PIC I won't mention his name out of respect)) did anything wittingly wrong but as always with these 'event's it's a chain of events, sadly the chain wasn't broken in time to save 6 lives. Radar coverage will always be a bone of contention through out Aus whether it kept that 'chain' linked or not simply for what I believe to be two reasons.

One being we don't have the traffic (compared to OS) for our geographic size hence a somewhat 'limited' service & secondly we simply can't afford it under the "user pays" system...sad I know but that's the bare facts & there's little we can do about it in the short term.
Aviation will always be a risk, calculated mostly but never the less risky.

Next time vote wisely although there ain't enough pilots of all denominations to have any real long term effect at voting time unfortunetly.

RIP K...., ( & the 5 others) I still think of our quite times at BLA

Capt Wally