PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will it ever end??
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2007, 03:27
Flashover999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will it ever end??

Just passed the JAA CPL yesterday and was going to start the JAA Flight instructor conversion (Have FAA CFI) having put all remaining funds into the pot to complete at the end of april. During my post flight test relaxing beer I suddenly realised that even though I have 200 Hours R22, 31 hours B206, 22 hours R44 and 37 hours SW300Cbi I will not be able to work or teach at home (UK) unless its in a SW300 Cbi because I gained that type rating with my CPL course and LST. So after the 5 years of flying to build the hours and sitting the ATPL exams I must once again go back to the 2nd and 3rd jobs to earn the money to pay for the type ratings. 5 hours for each type and yes you guessed it...written exams and a flight test for each one.
When are the CAA going to float on the stock exchange? I would buy (Not that I will have any spare cash) because they have a licence to make money at every single turn!
Is it this bad in other countries outside the UK? Yes I know the FAA doesnt need type ratings but the lack of green card stuffs the work prospects there.
Just venting yet more frustration but at least ive got the pass at long last!
Flash.