PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - U.S. expat looking work in India
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2007, 22:30
flightknight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
living in India

I've travelled extensively in Southeast Asia for the past 25 years and have spent periods of time in India.
At present there are a lot of MNC folks living in different parts of the country, mostly executives, entrepreneurs, educationists, spiritual and health care seekers, dual residents etc.
Living in India can be an adventure on its own for a "Westerner". Contagious diseases , hygiene, bureaucracy, visible poverty, communal unrest, unpredictable availability of basic necessities like water and electricity etc. Most folks who travel regularly and relocate are aware of these conditions and prepare themselves and their families.
The outsourced pilot in India is basically, a highly paid manual laborer. As pilots, we are sometimes too focused on getting into a cockpit, that we forget about the whole picture surrounding us.
Indian folks are warm, courteous, patient and compassionate. If you ask for directions on a street corner, you may have an entire crowd leading you to your destination. The slums are safe and you will not get mugged. The poorest folks in this nation have the greatest Pride i have seen in a people.
Anyways, before you decide to sign that .........line, take a trip by yourself /wife/kids and experience India. It may be "for better or for worse", not just a repeat after me statement.