PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Globespan 2007
Thread: Globespan 2007
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2007, 15:15
mm0wkj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Globespan 2007

As the issue of seating has been closed on the other forums, heres a continuation of that thread.

re GLS-SFB and other flight issues.

Globespan have leased their only 767's to Air India. They are currently leasing 2 x 767's from NEOS and are attempting to refit these with a cut down business class (with 38" pitch as opposed to 50"). Premium and ecconomy is in doubt as no one at Globespan will confirm what the seating will be.

As of today the known situation is :

Globespan are leasing 2 x 767 from NEOS as theirs have gone to Air India to make them even more money.
The original seating in these NEOS 767's was 280 seats single class, 232 config, no personal IFE.
They are attempting to refit to some kind of business, premium, ecconomy config but have refused to confirm when questioned.
The current status of GLA-SFB flights for the 2007 summer season is unknown. GS have stated that passengers on these flights who have already booked will receive an e-mail/telephone call within the next 48 hours detailing the changes.. This doesn't bode well for those who have now paid for business/premium seating and could now be dumped in a cramped seat without the additional services they have paid for.

I will be posting whenever I get more news but so far its not looking good for GS. Selling seats on aircraft they dont have, charging customers for services they wont get and for those who have checked their website, you'll notice the 50" seat pitch has been removed from flights and been replaced with 'Generous Seat Pitch'... Generous in Aircraft speak can be as little as 30"... Economy and Premium have the same wording.....

Watch this space..............

If you have abooking with Globespan I would be very worried right now and I advise calling them ASAP to confirm you are getting what you have booked and will actually be able to fly on the dates you need.

It is indeed a worrying time if you are a Globespan customer.

Last edited by mm0wkj; 16th Apr 2007 at 11:55.