PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetStar= All Day, Every Day, Low Fares.
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2007, 13:25
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

EWL, got to say that you're at the top of my list if ever myself, Mrs Keg, Miss Keg and Master Keg ever decide to travel.

Is there something about the airport that indicates downwind approaches or terrain/airport lengh issues that makes it an ugly airport?
One of the blokes on Qrewroom had this to say about the place.
For all those people that are looking a Yoga,s landing distance and doing the math and asking why did a 737 get it so wrong .......forget about it.
The length is irrelevant.
In a previous life I use to fly into Yoga using 737's for Garuda in fact.
I can tell you Yoga is a complete trap.
Its the roughest strip I have ever operated into with a jet. So rough the anti lock and Skid functions were always cycling off and on from the constant jarring.
In 1 month alone there were 3 overruns while I was operating there, You always used every inch.
Then you have more poor braking when you do the aircarft on the ground from the constant rubber deposits that were never removed or the ILS that never worked and the huge volcano to the West which would create fantastic wind shear from its 12000ft peak
Trust me this strip has claimed more than one 737 and looking at performance charts wont help with the answer on why it happened.
I hope that assists.