PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ETIHAD AIRWAYS New salary
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2007, 08:50
csek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jetlagged

Yes indeed I am up the road, but I used to be where you are now. I know exactly where the EY boys are coming from. I remember what it was like being trained in a porta cabin.

The only difference is I got fed up with all the promises made and went for the better deal. Which is what I would wish for any pilot, especially with a family here in the UAE.

I got fed up of paying from my own pocket, and only just making ends meet month by month. I was always scared that if something were to happen to me, my wife and kids would be screwed. Lets face it, we have the experience, let them pay for it.

I was one of the stupid ones who actually believed in EY and thought it would get better with time, but after shifting up the road recently, I can now see what a raw deal it is in EY.

I got fed up with the promises, the lack of money, the lack of loss of licence protection, the lack of provident fund, the lack of transport, the lack of accomodation, the lack of communication, the lack of crew and most of all got sick of the incompetent HR department. Need i say more!

Please understand Jetlagged, that im not trying to rub this in anyones face, but I am only showing you what is on offer at other major carriers. Trust me I learnt the hard way.

I still have allot of good friends over at EY,and i tell you, the deck crew at EY are a great bunch of guys, the best i have ever had the pleasure of working with. It was sad to leave them. Trust me when I tell you, they too will soon be going. Which will only make your lives even more of a hell with monthly hours and shortage of crew. I thought moral was bad when I left, but it has obviously hit its lowest now after this "so called new package"

good luck to you buddy, I wish you all the best

Last edited by csek; 13th Mar 2007 at 10:22.