PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polar/atlas Merger Unfair
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2007, 20:48
mercpc9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by layinlow
Just received the new Polar VARS, verrrrrry interesting. It seems that DHL was under the impression that the two airlines have already merged and Bourne was selected to be the spoksman for both groups. Henderson put them straight. I wonder where DHL got that impression. Hm-m-m-m-m
I know that we have been trying to have a cease fire here, but I do have to take exception to a lot of what Bobb has said on his message. I will only touch on a couple of things about his message and not dwell on a number of other things that should be addressed also.

Actually, Dave Bourne was selected by the Global Pilots Alliance Advisory Board to represent the Atlas and Polar pilots. He did not solicit the position. They extended it to Bourne knowing full well who Bobb Henderson is and who he represents along with the status of the merger. Read what you want into that. It might not be what you want to hear.

Bobb's own self admittance that he crashed the meeting proved to be yet another example of how civil the Atlas MEC has been to the Polar MEC. Instead of having him removed, they let him stay. That proved even more beneficial because of how he then behaved to other airline pilot groups in attendance. As an example during the meeting: while Bobb was talking to one of the invited DHL MEC members in a group, he was unaware that one of the invited ABX council was standing there as he berated ABX and called them the "S" word comparing the ABX-DHL situation to the Atlas-Polar situation. I applaud the ABX member for not punching Bobb in the mouth, although I would understand if he did. There are others, but this one really stood out from the others.

For the guys in Europe that might be interested. They may not want to spend the money calling the phone vars from over there.

Polar March 7, 2007 streaming MP3

Atlas March 2, 2007 streaming MP3

Last edited by mercpc9; 12th Mar 2007 at 21:04.