PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female BA pilot wins legal battle for right to work part-time
Old 12th Mar 2007, 19:20
overstress

PPRuNe Person

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
POHL: better check your source then. Have a look at the DTI's website here
As promotion is so closely linked to seniority in BA, the interpretation of the law is that seniority cannot suffer by going part-time, as UK employment law in the reference I've given states that part-timers must be given equal opportunity for promotion.

The pension is dealt with simply - as the pay is reduced during the part time period, so are the pension contributions.

Also,as one of the 'deluded' who see merits in this pilot's actions, what exactly do you deem to be sufficient experience for someone to go part-time? On second thoughts, don't answer as I don't think it's relevant - look at the facts of historical hours flown on JS's fleet and you will see why the tribunal rejected that argument.

FL: as greatly as I respect you and your work, I'm surprised at the implications in some of your posts.

To all those who don't 'get' Carnage's viewpoint, you have to understand that the relationship between Flt Ops and BA pilots is not as it should be...

Last edited by overstress; 12th Mar 2007 at 19:45.