PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL Pilot Exodus
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2007, 11:21
DeltaSix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kurimaw,
It certainly will be a distinct advantage to you if you complete a 4-year university degree if you intend to join PAL at a later time. Although, even QANTAS here and other European airlines don't even require that, it has always been a requirement of PAL. That's how the cookie crumble I guess.

Just a forewarning, not unless you intend to join the Air Force, flying is an expensive career. Whether you do it outside an airline training environment ( General Aviation ) or through PAL or CP, there will always be a huge cost involved in these things unfortunately so BE PREPARED for it .
Otherwise go to the PAF. Just make sure they don't stick you in an admin role afterwards otherwise the only thing you'll be flying is a desk. The thing about it is, you're not even sure what aircraft you will be flying. It could even be a UH-1H helo. Does the airforce still fly jets ?....

It's different where I am since they have F/A-18 Super Hornets and F-111s strike/bombers and other sophisticated aircrafts. So, there is more chance.

Anyway, even if you do it outside (gen av), there is always a good chance that an airline will take you in once you have the hours they need. That is the cheapest way I know although it is not a fast track to the right seat.

These avenues ( like what CIA and CP are offering) are not for everyone as they are based on affluence and certain criterias.

My advise to you is, if you can't afford it, there are always other means. AS they say "If there's a will, there's a way".

I'll leave that up to you my friend. PM me if I can be of help to you any further.

D6