PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NZ Regional Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2007, 06:36
kmagyoyo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I doubt they will be replaced as MCA(NZ) have just invested US$xM in a ATR FFT for installation in Christchurch in Sept 07. would seem to indicate a commitment to ATRs for some time.
Well between 100+ Pilots not simming in Bangkok twice a year and the potential revenue gained from other ATR operators using NM as a training provider, those bucks will probably be recouped quickly.

The 1st ATR leases run out in two years... while more ATR's would definitely be an option for the bean counters as they make heaps of $$$ (monopoly aspects aside) they are;

A. Just plain scary in icing conditions when its ISA +10 and your at MCT, red bug and descending in mountain wave ie we need something that actually climbs when MTOW, and,

B. According to the big wigs don't have enough seats (caveat I'm only a line driver and not a hall stalker at HQ)

Back to the subject; The recruitment team at NM is two people at the moment so wading through the Pilotstaff website applications is, apparently, a mare. If you know someone at Cook get them to put in a good word and pass your CV on direct. (or you could PM me and I can fwd you the appropriate email address...). They do hire North Islanders by the way