PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 5
Thread: MANCHESTER - 5
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2007, 23:57
Lord Toofouright

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Isn't this the reason that there's extra security lanes being put in for this summer once the new airside development upstairs is complete?
Maybe, but seeing that this is not going to happen until the Autumn now, my inferrance of little bit of "Vision" is further supported.
As for the reasoning that two hours either side of the Queue in question, that there wasn't a problem, would be completely lost on the the passengers that were in that queue? Also try explaining that to the businesses in the concourse. " Sorry, we know that Saturday at around 13.00 we have a lot of pax scheduled for departure, but they won't be filling your stores, as they'll be in the queue for security" !! The queues may have disappeared by 14.30, but so would have all the revenue!
Today I was greeted in T2, by wholesale bedlam at 13.40, when the queue for the PIA check-in resulted in it stretching back into the walkway between T2. and the rail station, only ending at the second travelator. It was extremely difficult for anyone to either leave T 2 for the rail station, or get into the T 2 from the rail-station. Is that yet another peak to beef up my argument?
The organisational system employed is again shambolic. The "high volume of flights" on this occaision was 2 PIA B777's, - hardly a situation never heard of before?!!
You are correct in the statement that "things cannot happen overnight", which is precisely my point, that some visionary thinking three to four years ago, instead of penny pinching and buying up lame duck airports, might have resulted in Manchester still being No. 3 in the country with the pleasurable experience of being a passenger, that it used to be! Instead it's a frustrating mish-mash of terminals, with no apparent easy connectivity. Try getting a baggage trolly from T2 to T3, without waiting endless hours for lifts that are so slow that day turns to night sometimes and you eventually loose the will to live. Great-fun for the world weary pax who just wants to get home, or catch his next connection, be it by Air or by Rail, or by Coach/ car. APPALLING