PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 5
Thread: MANCHESTER - 5
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2007, 14:58
FlyZB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Isn't this the reason that there's a brand new larger security area being built above MyTravel checkin? Isn't this the reason that there's extra security lanes being put in for this summer once the new airside development upstairs is complete? Things are being done but you can't expect them to happen overnight. Granted, maybe with a bit of foresight and planning the situation could have been eased earlier but to say that they're not doing anything about it is utter nonsense.

Secondly, Saturday afternoons are extremely busy across all three terminals this time of year due to the high number of ski charters in addition to the regular services. This has always been the case. Terminal 2 was also extremely busy at 13.30 yesterday, however the queues had completely disappeared by 14.30 and I'm sure that would have been the case in T1 as well. I'm not using this as an excuse but you've picked one of the busiest peaks of the week to beef up your argument. Had you witnessed the security queue 2 hours either side of this time, it would probably have been a very different story.

I am in full agreement that MA needs to improve this situation but a high volume of flights will always amount to some queuing. That's life!