PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female BA pilot wins legal battle for right to work part-time
Old 10th Mar 2007, 10:08
MungoP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So... Here I am, not a humble pilot in the nether regions of the world but ( in my dreams )... The CEO of a striving company.

My strategy fo the next five years is to expand the companies products by moving into Eastern Europe.... I've sold the idea to the board.. Huge investment agreed to... long term strategy in place... Next move.. Find Key personnel to implement the stratergy..

Sales Team... headed by commited individual who will identify the markets...set up outlets... form close associations with client customers while making optimum use of the budget... Much depends on the success of this individual and the sales team and today I'm interviewing the short listed applicants... I'm conscious that any major disruption to this project over the next couple of years can lead to a failure of the stratergy..maybe even the company and that many jobs depend on the success of the individual heading the team...
The short list is made up of 2 men, one woman all more or less equally qualified and each of the applicants in their mid to late twenties...

Yes... by now you all know where this is going... with this and similar cases nawing away at the back of my mind, what are the chances for the lady ?
Something a lot less than Zero. ( she has to have made it this far so as to avoid any accusations of my being anit-feminine )

Ladies.. if you want responsible positions whether in the cockpit or in the wider world, you have to BE responsible. This case and others have done your gender no good whatsoever.