PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ETIHAD AIRWAYS New salary
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2007, 02:22
nowhere

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not much of a package

Just ran much numbers and raise for me is at only a few percent rise, with less of penalty for holiday. One captain say inflation is runing over 25 percent year in Abu Dhabi, while housing going up more than this. With anual rise in following year only 700 durhams (200USD) month, cost of living will grow much, much faster than your salary. EK is still paying more when one consider living provision, which is a major problem in AUH unless you will live in apratment and don't mind children playing by busy hiways. Villas expensive and company one still away.

Watch roster also. With no cost for company to have you on standby, it could be quite problem. I am already 23 days on roster sometimes.

Also many concerned about medical coverage being very restrictive and no limit on how much per anum you can pay if they will not cover problem. Many pages of exclusion conditions and people having to pay common charges that were covered under old plan, but now not because of new insurance company.

Working for Etihad not to bad, but not to good either. Hotels we are provided on night stops not near to EK. Crew Control is out of Control and often do not know regulations and will ask you to fly even when not legal.

Also for first officers, only few more planes coming here, so there will be less opportunity to upgrade if you sign now. In the next year EK is getting more a/c than we have. Also, if you are not in with people of power it will be harder for you to get command, as your performance is not only factor considered.

To me it seems that Asians have easier time here than Westerners. Those of us who worked in past in Europe and other places find this very unorganized and still see many problems here that are not being managed compared with rate we have grown.

I can see nothing in future that will make this a desireable place to work. We will be less able to save any money since cost are increasing here so fast.

Anyway, some other airlines may be worse but many other comprable or better.
Consider your decison carefully.

Last edited by nowhere; 10th Mar 2007 at 13:01.