PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A flying Air Trafficer!!!!?????
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2007, 17:15
Lomon

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
For the umpteenth time, an air trafficker who is going to be a surveillance operator on the E-3D will have absolutely nothing to do with controlling and will have no more than a passing interest in airspace, particularly in his early time on the aircraft when he will be busy learning the SO role.

By the time he has spent 5-6 months on the SCC and a further 6 months or so getting to CR standard once on the squadron I guess that he will no longer be current on UK airspace procedures anyway, never mind the fact that we routinely fly in several European countries on training missions.
Obviously intelligent discussion is forbidden here. The thread started as a speculative rumour, this is the rumour network isn't it? The guys who routinely fly E3 sorties were speculating on what skills an Air Traffic Controller would bring to to an E3 crew.

I provided a tongue in cheek reply, after all light hearted banter is part of service life, (or are you not allowed a sense of humour here any more?)

Can we get the thread back to subject please
The topic of the thread was "A flying Air Trafficer!!!!?????" Where did I go off topic? I was merely voicing an opinion within the context of the thread title.

If discussion is not the point of the forum, then why bother having one?