PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female BA pilot wins legal battle for right to work part-time
Old 9th Mar 2007, 15:09
Carnage Matey!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ironically this rather helps old people too, as if you are a BA pilot with a dependent parent you can now get time off to care for them. Doesn't have to be a child.
I'm slightly confused about this issue of 'being bumped off by someone playing the game'. What game is that? Is it the 'BA employ the person they think best for the job' game, or is it the 'I've got a big pile of debt so I deserve a job more than a cadet', or is it the 'They've got a silver spoon in their mouths they deserve nothing' game? I find it rather peculiar that people think this industry has some unique order of merit in relation to who should get what jobs. If I funded my own training as an accountant should I be aggrieved that a big accountancy firm trained it's own people? Should I expect those in the big firm to be denied part time work because I deserve their job better? Should I be entitled to a better job than them because I am somehow more committed than they are? I certainly can't think of blue chip employer who thinks that way.

BTW BusyB the EU put the kibosh on your proposal several years ago as they say it indirectly discriminates against women, who are more likely to have an interrupted career.