PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female BA pilot wins legal battle for right to work part-time
Old 9th Mar 2007, 14:12
Carnage Matey!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I disagree. You may not like the law, but it's the law. BA went out of their way to recruit female pilots, they should have anticipated that some of them might have got up the duff and wanted part time working at some stage. Frankly I am a bit sick of BA telling me that I must be equal to all other staff when it suits them (staff travel, retirement ages) but I must be different to other staff when it suits me (part time working). BA can readliy afford to pay for more part time working for pilots, especially given the amounts of money they regularly hose other departments down with, but they don't want to. If it takes one person to have the balls to sue them then good luck to them. I believe the pilot in question will have in excess of thirty-five years before her retirement age from BA, plenty of time to get some time in and pay back BA (in addition to paying back more than the cost of her training from reduced pay). If you think BA are getting stitched up financially then perhaps you'd lke to start a thread calling for the heads of any former cadets who left BA within 5 years of joining and didn't pay back their full training costs (yes, there are some).