PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Euromanx- 2
Thread: Euromanx- 2
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2007, 16:44
nav3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Thanks for that Pabely,... and noted. As a businessman in the North East, I am getting VERY fed up with road and rail links around the UK. If you go by road, you spend half you life in queues wondering if you will ever get there and if you go by rail you run the risk of standing room only and then possibility of ending up in a field after derailment !!

Even going from Manchester or Liverpool (to fly North OR South) you are talking half an hour to park the car (especially Man) and get back to the terminal and all the associated aggro with it. What we need in this area is a Business type airline hopping around the UK like it used to be before the Low cost boys started with a 'park the car in the car park over the road' and be checked in and on the plane in 30-40 mins if you are short on time or have a drink in the executive lounge at Blackpool for 20 mins. Big airports like Manchester do nothing these days for the business traveller IMHO. Just the bucket and spade lot.

Problem is up here, you can only do that from local places like Blackpool & maybe Carlisle eventually ?

I heard they were looking at such a thing from Coventry recently which would be a good idea to escape the M6 and if you are going to Central London what better for me that Blackpool to Luton and then train for the last 20 mins and I am in Central London !!