PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are u happy at CX????
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2007, 12:51
mizzy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bailee atr,

it definately worth worth to give it a try and my opinions are as follow:
Pos.
1. CX is one of the airlines in the world that has an extremely strong financial background that lead to a stable working environment.
2. Equipment is state of the art equipment with liable maintenance.
3. Pay is not the best but is “higher than average” although it is a bit “tight” for your 1st year as S/O, but after that, when you are quality for the full housing allowance, it’s enough for you to live in a “upper” level condo or apartment. As I am a local on a local contract, I don’t have any housing allowance and I still can live in a “middle –upper” class lifestyle.
4. Upgrade from S/O to JFO is approximately 3.5 years at current speed and is getting faster. Approximately 6 months to qualify as a F/O and depends on the seniority and your own performance, approximately 10 - 11years (+/-) at current speed from S/O to CAPT
5. Benefit is not bad, school allowance for children (fair amount), housing, medical, dental, FOC + ID 90, retirement scheme and current retirement age at 55 and I can see the age will delay to 60 or even 65 in the future.
6. Low tax rate in HKG.
7. Roster is fair and you have the option to request your roster style.
Cons.
1. Better keep silence and don’t test the company’s limit.
2. Labor protection is relatively low in HK.
3. Pollution (not that worst but definitely not above average)
4. After all, it’s HK, a foreign country, not your home port and you have to get used to the lifestyle here.