PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How do I work a MAC ?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2001, 19:24
PPRuNe Towers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Standards(??) do make a mess of things don't they.

Sorry to see your problems with Netscape. It isn't a reverse engineering problem at our end. All the graphical addons created for PPRuNe over and above the basic ubb forum code are done on a G4 then tested on a PC to ensure compatability for all browsers and OS's.

If I had to point the finger it would be our adverts, kept on their sites and not being tested with browers other than Explorer. That's lazy and annoys the target audience.

The java side of things make life complex and it's going to get worse. This week Microsoft announced there would be no Java support in the new operating system XP or in future versions of Explorer. They're going full bore at pushing their .net extensions.

Many argue Redmond had already corrupted the entire Java concept with their in house Microsoft only interpretation and development of Java leaving Netscape and other browsers like Opera always playing catch up. They've announced a complete halt to all Java work.

The next 18 months are going to be very unpleasant as far as compatiblity issues are concerned, especially for PC users.

Oh, you can add Sick Squid to your roster of Mac types here at the Towers. His recording studio is entirely Mac based - I can hear the thumping somewhere in the lower catacombs. Damn the person who sent him those techno loops