PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leavey under fire - AGAIN!!
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2007, 20:34
It's Not Working

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stuff
Are you honestly saying that the rest of the RAF is so thin skinned and narrow minded that they can’t see that article for what it is – a complete and utter stitch up. If my fellow blunt brethren are suffering relationship angst with aircrew because of this article then my pension in 2-years’ time can’t come quick enough. The girl was somewhere hot, dirty and dangerous where people are trying to do her, and her crew, harm every time she moves and you expect her, a junior officer with other things to worry about, like staying alive, to be able to second guess the motives of a creditable journalist inside the wire?
This is more a case of kick somebody when they’re down and twist the knife at the same time and frankly it’s shameful. I would suggest that half the senior officers in the 3 services are saying, ‘there but for the grace of God…’ while every junior officer has learnt a lesson from it that will stay with them for the rest of their career.
Hopefully Caz has enough grounds to take this journalist to the cleaners and I also hope that the Service will show its support by standing alongside her. I for one salute her and her colleagues for the job they are doing while I sit in my air conditioned office facing the daily danger of a paper cut.