PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leavey under fire - AGAIN!!
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2007, 14:47
general all rounder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Circumspection please

I don't know Caz Leavey but I have heard that she is a professional C130 pilot.

The words expressed may not be hers, in which case she has the right to demand a retraction from the Sunday Times given the damage they have done to her professional reputation. She could consider a complaint to the Press Complaints Commission.

If the words are hers, she should have used different ones. There is nothing wrong with pointing out that pilots need to have uninterrupted sleep even more than some of the rest of us but she could have said the same thing without belittling the contribution of others in her team.

It's never a good idea to circulate rumours on the work e-mail. The staff officers who did so should have thought twice.

A tour at PJHQ brings you into very close contact with the other two Services and provides realisation of how certain RAF practices are perceived by our sister Services. It does not surprise me that the original e-mail originated from PJHQ, but it should not have been sent and it certainly should not have been forwarded.

The RAF of the future is going to have to be deployed to less secure places than we have been used to in the past and we are all going to have to get more robust at operating in an insecure environment where the Army will not always be around to defend us. We need to understand that we are a team not a collection of individuals and reserve our harsh banter for the bar rather than expose it to the Public.