PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia: Training, Licence Conversion, Job Prospects
Old 4th Mar 2007, 10:46
WannaChopper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Aus ATPL(H) & Twin IFR Training - HELP!

Hi peeps,

I think I've read most of the threads on training and training schools and I'm after some advice on where to train for an ATPL & IFR course....

I've completed my PPL(H) in the UK and am lucky enough to have married an Australian. We're making a permanent move out to Oz and as soon as my feet touch the ground I want to get back in the air and do my commercial licence.

The plan is to train full time and the location is unimportant as although the wife will be in Sydney she has her family and friends there whilst I am away training/working.

I have done a load of web research and when out in Sydney last visited a couple of training schools, (Bankstown, HTT & Newcastle Helis), however none of these companies seem to be large enough or have enough charter/tourist work to help the low hour pilot get some hours under their belt, which although I appreciate is never a given, but the opportunity is helpful!

I have been thinking of training with PHS because they seem to have a good reputation and I will be able to go to any of their locations if there is work available after gaining my licence. However, I can’t find any info on there website, or on many other websites for that matter on who offers both ATPL and IFR courses?

I've noticed that Kestral have a sim and do IFR training but nothing on their site about ATPL. I was hoping to do the majority of my training with one company.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Many thanks in anticipation of your help.....