PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polar/atlas Merger Unfair
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2007, 18:27
knehibiju

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
“What it will not contain is pilots.”

Well, not quite right ether. The petition to move routes, rights and authorities from Polar Cargo too Polar World Wide has been made to the DOT, but approximately 72 hours later an amendment was filed to clarify that the crews and their CBA go with. Not disclosing any secrets here. It’s all public knowledge.

“The pilots to fly the "Polar World Wide" aircraft will come from the merged Atlas/Polar seniority list.”

If and when there is a combined or merged if you will, contract. No secret here ether or shouldn’t be to the Polar / Atlas folks. If you are a card carrying ALPA member, you have access to the Merger and Fragmentation policy. I may have no vested interest in this, but I am an ALPA member in good standing and plan on keeping it that way, so there will be no quotes from the policy. If you pay your dues, you have the right to the news.

“So, discussion with the leadership of that merged list is a good idea from the DHL perspective.”

Right up to the point that it looks like it’s not going to work according to their time line. We all would like to think that our respective airlines are the end all to air commerce and our MEC / LEC has the master plan to keep member and company pointed in the right direction, but on a global scale, you ether work together or you get cut out. DHL’s proposed partial purchase of a US citizen company through its North American US citizen company opens the door to a vast number of possibilities and opportunities, plane and crew is simply frosting on the cake. You really didn’t think that DHL is going to hang their hat on one hook do you? If you folks don’t want to go through that door with them, then I’m sure that a competitor(s) will if they get the invite.

“The Atlas MEC met with DHL MEC because they were invited.”

Whether this true or not, DHL will do what any other company would do in this boat. They will try to engage all parties in discussion, and if that doesn’t work then individual parties. If that doesn’t work, then all bets are off and they will look for another play ground with a different sand box. Good luck.