PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NetJets Ab Initio & Cadet issues
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2007, 17:49
buger T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I honestly don't know what my point was in that last post. I was touching on a few things there I guess,
The winners in the ab-initio hiring program are: #1 The flight schools and all that entails fuel, maintanence administration and airport fees. All of this because of the increased popularity of ab-i programs. Why? because the newbies are getting jobs that were usually reserved for the proven pilots.
#2 winner flight departments who hire them. MONEY SAVINGS. ( however this could come back to bite them when the FO checks out very soon after having gone thru training ( these guys will be on there first job ever and the grass always seems greener somewhere else for a rookie )
What is gonna happen to the reputation of a quality company when an ab-i pilot is sitting up front when an airplane he is "sitting" gets bent ( I have seen many accident reports where one of the first things noted were the experience levels of the pilots) That makes great fodder for the nightly news.
Also gonna bite them when the paying customers see that crew includes a kid whose chewing gum and eyehumping his wife.(threw that one in for fun) you know just does not know how to behave cause he is a kid.
Oh well guess we will see where this goes.

The loser are time tested pilots who want these jobs, the guys with families, morgages and responsibilities. their gonna be pushed out for cheaper in the long run co-pilots. These kids will work for nothing and that is gonna drive payscales straight down !
I am in no way saying that newbies can't possibly do the job. Let em learn the old fashion way by actually working their way into a position of this sort.
Another group of losers are the captains who will fly with these guys doin so basicly single pilot. They are'nt gonna trust the guy for a long time and will add lots of stress to both pilots. that kinda stuff always spills out beyond the cockpit.
In no way are these absolute scenerios not every pilot is the same and of course situations vary.
That pay thing is gonna suck for sure.
As for the Captains treating FOs like crap... the atmosphere is ripe in this ab-i situation.