PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What Chance For A Fair Deal In Netjets Europ?
Old 3rd Mar 2007, 08:53
difrips

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fair enough.....

But remember ,the grass is always greener on the other side. You know why...Because the **** that lies underneath the surface!

I have been studying and looking into most deals in Europe, I have spoken with lots and lots of colleagues, I did my homework!

And although I agree that the NJE still could use some improvement, especially on the plan to create a loyal and long staying workforce, I have to admit that the NJE deal is hard to beat when you take into account the whole deal, including lifestyle!

EZ pays more, ok, but you fly your butt of the whole year and you do not get to choose where you live! And if you do not fly...no pay!

Ryanair same deal. After 5 years you are litterally dead!

The big airlines: so well protected that if you do not have the right nationality/experinece ( not too much either) you dont stand a chance.

Charters: hahahha

etc....

I work for a big Middle eastern carrier.

we fly 900hrs/year
we do not have LOL ( nothing worth mensioning anyway)
we do not have social security
we do not have a pension plan
we do not profit sharing
our salaries are frozen in time as well
we are 8 hours away from europe
No confirmed tickets home
You live in a tax free country.....yeah right! All taxes are hidden: Rents are triple compared to europe, supermarket prices are double, inflation is 13% annually...

But hey....salaries are higher ( capt 11000euro/month) and we have 45 days of holliday! Oh, and I forgot, you fly new shiny heavy airbusses!

I guarantee you, if you do your calculation correctly NJE is certainly not the worst deal around...not by far!

So once more, I know there is room for improvement but I have made my choice....I am joining and I will be in the INDOC soon!

One thing not to forget as well...as mentioned before...pilots have BIIIGGG EGOS! So a lot of people consider them a true pilot only when flying a big jet...Maybe thats a reason as well why NJE is struggling to find the pilots required...

Just my 5 cents...