PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC... Bollockings for all
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2007, 21:36
Monarch Man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Speaking as an individual who is in reality, a bit of a pragmatist, a student of flight safety, and on a personal level, someone with a passion for getting things right, I feel an explanation for my position is required.

First and foremost, I will happily hold my hand up and say that I have deliberately played the devils advocate. The thread topic in itself had already elicited some emotive responses before I contributed, and along the way I made various representations from a personal perspective. Again however I must reiterate that these are personal opinions and not the position of the company that bears part of my user name.

There are those of you on here that have been particularly vitriolic in your condemnation of my comments, I can only conclude that whilst your views are in contravention of mine, they have served to highlight certain common misconceptions of the processes that we utilize to improve flight safety, and as a general observation, miss the opportunity to view "bigger picture".

Danny eloquently makes his point, you may not think that certain area's are open for debate, but if you close your mind to the fact that we can learn from other methods and ideas, then we are consigning ourselves to mediocrity.

Who says we do things in the UK better and safer than anywhere else?

That is my final contribution to this thread, and I have to say I am disappointed by several posters on here who chose to send me personally insulting private messages.