PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mode S
Thread: Mode S
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2007, 16:12
'Chuffer' Dandridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is also b0ll0x:
CAA will be able to find you more easily when they want to prosecute you.
IF the CAA want to prosecute you (obviously with a good reason), they have to go about it with due regard to the law in the UK. Having a Mode S Txpdr will only let them find the aircraft....

More:
there was some talk today of a clown at CAA wanting parachuters to wear a mode s txponder.......
Would love to find out your source for that gem of onformation...

If parachuting in the open FIR, there is a dedicated squawk, 0033 which tells everyone on radar that you are dropping paras, why on earth would parachutists need a txpdr as well? As I personally know the person who deals with parachuting at the CAA, I can assure you that even he wouldnt come out with such guff.

Amazes me how some people on this forum spout the first thing they hear at the flying club bar as if its true

Mode S is a way to allow the passage of commercial traffic in the open FIR, without new CAS being established. Nav charges etc is just a by product. The GA fraternity in the UK must fight this, as I heard from a very reliable source that a certain person in DAP/AUS at the CAA has said it will happen, no matter what the UK GA community want.