PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Engineers - Keep Your Status!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2007, 15:01
om15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Eng, C Eng.

Litebulbs,
There was thread running about three weeks ago on here regarding Chartership, that gives some gen, to recap,
An ALE with experience can apply for I Eng, this should be awarded without any submission, but I believe that you now need to do a Professional Review, which is a tea and biscuits job, if you wish to apply for C Eng then the route is the Technical Report Option, whereby you submit a technical synopsis on your chosen subject, if acceptable you then have a peroid of time to present your paper to the assessors, if this is acceptable then the next step is the technical interview, the 3 person panel will comprise of an RAeS Standards Officer and the two technical assessors who have reviewed the paper, the intent is carry out an informal interview to discuss the paper, the aim is to have the two assessors from different backgrounds, therefore one assessor may be from a University and the other from industry, this is not a daunting experience, and is unlike a CAA oral.
You can find out more about this from the Engineering Council website or follow links on the RAeS website, I mentioned on the other thread that 23 Applicants have submitted applications for C Eng registration via the TRO but only one has completed in the past two years.

Best regards,
om15