PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC... Bollockings for all
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2007, 12:32
Danny

aka Capt PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately too many posters on this thread appear to miss the point of someone playing the devils advocate and really do appear to take some of it too seriously. It also appears to me that a lot of those that are getting quite upset on this thread are, but not exclusively so, not professional pilots or ATC people.

In view of the amount of upset that the interdiction by non-professionals has had on a few of the more easily upset professionals, I think that it is probably time to put this thread to bed. Having operated in and out of Manchester for well over ten years, all I can say is that they are a fine bunch of controllers and always enjoyed expeditious arrivals when arriving from the west. If they've decided to have a crackdown on non standard or irregular RT then good luck to them. It never hurts to be reminded from time to time about the correct way to say something.

Why so many on here should get so upset about it though, I have no idea. Is it only me that has noticed a marked improvement from some of the US carriers pilots that operate into MAN in their RT? Perhaps all that repetition until they get it right does work after all.

Before I make a final decision on whether this thread really should close, perhaps some of the pedants who have taken so much umbrage on here should spend a bit more time in the USA at the busiest airports and listen to how they manage to move so much heavy metal around without them all coming into physical contact with each other or falling out of the sky. I'm not condoning the fact that there is a definite lack of standardisation in the USA but some posters on here would have us believe that the perfectionism that they crave when it comes to RT must be observed by everyone else or else there will be a big disaster. It just ain't so.