PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Joining Cabin Baggage Foolishness
Old 2nd Mar 2007, 02:30
OldBillXV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I couldn't agree more with the ziploc shares!!!! I went through SFO last week..... they were insisting shoes off and belts off too! This was a quiet time for screening... but I had 1 carry on... 1 laptop removed from carryon for separate screening, separate tray for mobile phone, coins etc.... separate tray for shoes.... then a separate try for my trouser belt! It took a couple of minutes to offload all this for screening.... and then a few more at the other end to get dressed again.... with 5 separate trays to account for....... almost left my watch behind in the panic! Thankfully there were only 2 people behind me..... god only know's what is going to happen on a busy holiday weekend...... lots of claims for mislaid items and oportunist thefts to occur.........

The easyest solution is to pack all your toiletries in your hold baggage and stink out the flight instead! Mind you..... if you're in the US, the chance of your hold baggage arriving at the correct destination with you at the same time is remote....

XV